Conditions: 49 degrees F (more like wtF?), balmy, rainy, 5/10 Al Rokers
PAX: Yosef, Shake’N’Bake, Double D, Pork Rind, Kodak (Q) = 5
Rain was in the forecast. It was gonna be nasty. But YHC is a caring, thoughtful Q and promised a workout that would keep the PAX as dry as humanly possible…Dry from rain, that is.
YHC was unsure of who might show up that morning, what with a poor weather forecast, the Thanksgiving travel schedules, and back-and-forth ailments that have been plaguing F3 Boone as of late. But a HC by a DownRange Double D the night before had this ole boy STOKED for a beatdown…and it went as follows:
Disclaimer: All seasoned veterans here. It was brief, but given nonetheless.
The First Bits:
Mosey to Anne Belk Hall
(all performed in cadence)
Arm circles forward x15
Low Slow Squats x10
Arm circles backward x15
Mosey to Library Parking Deck
(A variation of last week’s 21s. YHC needed to up it one circuit for math’s sake…stay tuned for explanation.)
With post-it notes in hand, YHC asked each PAX to select either a leg or core exercise. It was then written on a post-it and placed on the ground. The final selections went like this:
-Yosef = JumpSquats (solid)
-Double D = Monkey Humpers (dammit)
-Shake’N’Bake = Freddie Mercuries (after being told BearCrawls weren’t an option)
-Pork Rind = Alternating Lunges (brutal)
-Kodak = LBCs (textbook)
Like last week, there are 2 ends. The first end contains the exercises written down. The second end contains Merkins…a lot of them.
Each “lane” contains 22 reps.
Do 1 rep of the exercise. Run down to do 21 Merkins. Run to next exercise station.
Do 2 reps of the exercise. Run down to do 20 Merkins. Repeat until you’re doing 21 reps of exercise, and 1 Merkin.
All said and done, we did about 250 reps per side (253 to be precise), equaling around 500 reps. The average American consumes 4,500-5,000 calories on Thanksgiving Day. So, because I’m not a psychopath, I dropped a Zero and gave us 500 reps of thankfulness, clearing our bodies and minds and preparing us for a day of much-deserved rest and gorging. (And I don’t know about you boys, but those Merkins are taking a toll on me today.)
Time to round it out with some Mary.
(all performed in cadence)
American Hammers x20
American Hammers x20
Mosey back to AO Launch
– F3 Boone Gear pre-order was a success! Thanks to all that participated and enjoy those new threads when they come in!
– An impromptu workout is in the works for Friday morning (Nov. 29th). Sounds like several PAX are interested. Hit up Slack for details, as that is where everything is developing minute-to-minute.
– Saturday at Homestead is going down, per usual. Double D has the Q, thankfully. With us all spread here and there, we really appreciate you carrying the torch brother! (Also, Chunder is still recovering, but plans to try for the CoT and/or coffeteria on Saturday before shipping out to the Navy. BE THERE if you can!)
– Pray for our country and its leaders.
– Remember Shake’N’Bake’s wife as she goes for testing for lymes disease.
– Prayers for all PAX and families traveling this season.
– Remember Chunder as he recovers from his recent spell and fall. And as he prepares to go serve our great country.
– PRAISE REPORT!!! – Yosef’s daughter tested negative for lymphoma! A Thanksgiving present, for sure!
Ball of Man.
Almost to the day, it’s only been 8 months since the official launch of F3 Boone. It seems like it’s been here forever. It really is a task trying to remember what my life was like before this past March. The camaraderie it has provided. The drive it has given me. The friendships it has fostered. The unwavering, consistent brotherhood whenever you’re at a DownRange workout, or, if you just happen along a complete stranger wearing an F3 shirt. You see that symbol, and you instantly know the man wearing it, and he knows you.
This day, Thanksgiving Day, I give thanks for everything I don’t deserve every day:
A Savior that loves me.
The family He has blessed me with.
The opportunity of being born in the greatest country in the history of human existence.
The blessing of being born, raised, and still living in one of the most beautiful areas of that country.
The friends that I depend on, and that depend on me.
Health and safety.
AND, the new family of F3 Nation that I’ve been introduced to this year.
Whether it’s a spouse, significant other, child, family member, friend or fellow PAX…grab them today, hug them, let them know what they mean to you, and spend this day being TRULY THANKFUL.
I love you guys…and I mean it.
A pleasure to be out there. An honor to lead.
Until next time, gents.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever.”Psalms 118:1